Welcome

Welcome to Coleson's blog. We've created it to keep friends and family updated on the journey we are about to embark on.. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement during this time when it matters most.

Friday, May 9, 2014

T+283 A Mother's Day Surprise - a Gift from Strangers

I know... you don't hear from me for 3 weeks and now 3 posts in 1 week!  I was just so moved, not once but twice in the past 30 minutes that I couldn't wait to post for fear that I would get too busy again and not share the beautiful gift that Paul and I received today - mostly from strangers!

First a dear colleague of mine (you know who you are) honored me with a donation to the RMH in my name for Mother's day.  It is the best Mother's day gift that I could receive (well, with the exception of a miracle)!

Secondly, an envelope was delivered today and inside several very generous gifts from complete strangers, spearheaded by one of Paul's dearest friends (again, you know who you are!)  I am literally shaking from the generosity of these people who have not met us nor Coleson, but only know us through the stories of our dear friends (and perhaps/hopefully this blog).  And these friends have already done so much for us, in so many different ways.  If those 16 families read this blog, I sincerely thank you, and to O&C, words cannot express how appreciative we are.  You have made this Mother's day, the best I've ever had.

To all you mothers, I hope your special day is/was as good as mine.  I have met some amazing mothers this past year that will stop at nothing (even the US Gov't and health care system) and who sacrifice everything for their children.   And of course, I already was surrounded by amazing mothers both professionally and personally that do the same for their children day in and day out.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment